- Product Name: Tecsun / Germany PL-380
- USB Charging Head + USB Cable +3 Section Rechargeable Battery 'Silver' USB Charging Head + USB Cable +3 Rechargeable Batteries' Army Green (Black)
- Radio Tuning: Digital tuning
- Band Type: Full Band
- Channel: 2
- Battery specifications: 5
- Radio type: pocket
- Time to market: 2009
- 2009 listing month: December 2009
- Weight: 200g (without battery)
- Dimensions: Width 135 × Height 86 × Thickness 26 (mm)
- After-sales service: Genius
- Brand: Tecsun / Germany students
- Desheng radio brand: PL-380
Pro-machine itself with the factory headset Oh, so when the exam can be used directly, do not have to buy a headset, oh.
PL-380 full-band digital demodulation stereo radio
The PL-380 is a versatile, easy-to-operate, full-band digital tuner based on DSP's digital demodulation technology, which uses the Easy Tuning Mode tuned by Dexter to greatly enhance the ability to listen to radio The convenience of this lightweight radio, help you enjoy the radio, to bring you joy.
Available colors: black, silver, silver gray
Products and accessories
● The machine uses SILICON LABS si4734 digital signal processing (DSP) chip, the analog FM / AM radio signal digital conversion, and the use of modern software radio principles for processing and demodulation, improved listening sensitivity, selectivity, signal to noise ratio and Anti-interference ability
● FM stereo, medium wave, long wave, short wave (2.3 - 21.95MHz) radio programs, practical functions, simple operation
● FM reception frequency range (64 - 108MHz), including part of the campus radio and 2 - Channel 5 TV sound program
● Seven channels: Easy Tuning (ETM), manual search of station frequency (VF), manual search of pre-stored stations (VM), direct input of frequency digits or direct input of stored station address numbers, automatic searching of frequency of broadcasting stations, Has been stored in the station which ETM is to improve the efficiency of Taiwan and Taiwan to create a revenue approach
Can be manually, semi-automatic, fully automatic (ATS) Storage up to 550 radio frequency: FM / MW / long wave can save 100 units, 250 units can be stored in short-wave
● multi-function display: to display the radio frequency, signal strength / SNR, temperature, battery power and other information
● 30-level rotary electronic volume control
● Using a special high-sensitivity film speaker, beautiful sound; with headphones can listen to FM stereo radio
● With radio alarm / buzzer function, you can regularly boot to listen to pre-stored stations, and can be set in 1 - 90 minutes automatically shut down
● With intelligent power switch: You can set the boot 1 - 120 minutes after the automatic shutdown, can also cancel the automatic shutdown function
● The machine is power-saving and can be powered by three R6 (5) batteries. You can also use the NiMH battery (optional) and use the USB external power jack for intelligent charging
● Accessories: protective case and stereo headphones
PL-380 basic technical indicators:
● Frequency range / tuning step
- FM (FM)
64 - 108 MHz; Smart Stepping 0.01 / 0.1 MHz
Optional frequency coverage:
Standard: 87 - 108 MHz (for countries except Japan, Germany and Russia)
Germany: 87.5 - 108 MHz
Japan: 76 - 108 MHz
Russia: 64 - 108 MHz (including some campus radio and domestic 2 - 5 channel TV sound)
- Shortwave (SW)
2300 - 21950 kHz; Intelligent Stepping 1/5 kHz
- MW (MW)
522 - 1620 kHz; Smart Step 1/9 kHz (for Asia, Africa and Europe)
520 - 1710 kHz; Smart Step 1/10 kHz (for North America)
- Long wave (LW)
153 - 513 kHz; Intelligent stepping 1/9 kHz
● Noise sensitivity:
Frequency modulation (FM) (S / N = 30 dB) is better than 3 uV
The MW (S / N = 26dB) is better than 1 mV / m
Long wave (LW) (S / N = 26dB) is better than 10 mV / m
Shortwave (SW) (S / N = 26dB) is better than 20 uV
Frequency modulation (FM)> 60 dB
Medium wave (MW)> 60 dB
Long wave (LW)> 60 dB
Shortwave (SW)> 60 dB
● FM stereo resolution: better than 35 dB
● Output power:
Speaker: 250 mW
Headset: 10 mW / 8 - 32 ohm stereo headphones
● Memory: 550 memory
FM (FM) 100
Long wave (LW) 100
Shortwave (SW) 250
● Wake-up mode: The radio alarm / buzzer sounds
● Quiescent current:
FM (FM) < 25mA
Medium / Long Wave (MW / LW) < 23mA
Shortwave (SW) < 27mA
Shut down standby< 90uA
● Speaker Specifications: Diameter 50 mm / 16Ω thin film speaker
● Power supply:
Battery-powered: 3 R6 (# 5) dry batteries or rechargeable batteries
External power jack: USB specifications / DC 5V 300mA
● Weight: about 200g (without battery)
● Physical size: wide 135 × high 86 × thick 26 (mm)
● Random Accessories:
Stereo headset, protective cover, external FM / HF antenna, manual, certificate, after-sales service warranty, after-sales service follow-up questionnaire
ETM: Easy Tuning Mode Convenient tuning mode
ETM tuning method - the use of radio receiver circuit and MCU control software, pre-exclude the frequency of radio programs, select the frequency of suspected radio stations, allowing users to easily find out from the future to listen to radio programs.
It is well known that the frequency range of civil radio broadcasting and the frequency interval of broadcasting stations are usually:
FM: Frequency range 87 - 108 MHz Frequency interval 0.1 MHz
Medium wave: Frequency range 522 - 1620 kHz Frequency interval 9 kHz
Short wave: Frequency range 1700 - 30000 kHz Frequency interval 5 kHz
In theory, the number of frequency bands allowed to occur in each band is:
FM 87 - 108 MHz can accommodate the radio frequency (108-87) ÷ 0.1 = 210
The frequency of the radio station in the 522 - 1620 kHz can be (1620-522) ÷ 9 = 122
Short - wave 1700 - 30000 kHz can accommodate the radio frequency (30000-1700) ÷ 5 = 5660
'PL-380 short-wave reception frequency is (21950 -2300) ÷ 5 = 3930'
Digital tuned radio, are in accordance with the provisions of the design of the receiving range and frequency step interval.Tune with the digital radio search station, from the low end to high frequency, Point, short wave to search thousands of frequency.
But in fact, based on the prevention of frequency interference and many other reasons, not every frequency point has a radio broadcast.For example, listen to FM radio in different locations, at least received several radio broadcasts, as many as 60 - 70 radio Another example is the transmission of the signal due to the reasons for the number of radio stations is characterized by fewer days during the day and more, can receive a few - dozens of radio stations.
Then PL-380 to receive short-wave as an example:
Short-wave band (21950-2300) ÷ 5 = 3930 frequency points, while the actual radio program to listen to the day dozens, in the evening hundreds, and early in the evening radio frequency distribution is almost different.If the radio can be received To the only 200 radio programs, then in order to search the 200 radio stations, you have to search for nearly 4000 frequency points, so search again take a long time.
In response to the above problems, the German students developed ETM tuning method, the use of radio receiver circuit and MCU control software, pre-exclude the frequency of radio programs, select the frequency of suspected radio stations (such as different countries, languages program Including the local electromagnetic environment of the interference signal.) In other words, with the ETM tuning method from thousands of frequency points in the selection of dozens - hundreds of suspected frequency, the user in the future of Taiwan operations, it is easy from the The frequency of these preferred out of frequency, to find out you want to listen to the radio program.
With ETM convenient tuning method to listen to the radio, the user to search the frequency can be reduced to:
FM a few - dozens of day and night basically the same
A few in the wave - dozens of days less, more at night
Short-wave dozens - hundreds of frequency points less daytime, less late at night, more than the evening, and different time periods, the radio distribution in different frequency range.
ETM function of the operation method and the difference with the ATS:
Use the ETM feature
To use the ETM function, press and hold the ETM key for a full range of frequencies to optimize the frequency of the suspected station.
Special Note: at different times, different locations, different bands, the number of suspected radio stations and frequency distribution is not the same, especially in short-wave band.
In the same place with the ETM method to listen to the radio:
FM band: as long as the ETM in the day to do a preferred on the line, do not always do the ETM preferred frequency, but for listening to the location, it is recommended to do an ETM.
In the wave band: in the radio more night, do an ETM optimization .But for the listening location, it is recommended to do a ETM.
Shortwave band: ETM method to listen to short-wave radio is convenient and practical.Used in different time ETM way to listen to short-wave broadcast, it is recommended to conduct ETM optimization.
In order to avoid too much clutter interference to search the signal, we recommend that you open to the balcony or outdoor ETM preferred.
With the ETM tuning method, you will feel that listening to the original broadcast can also be so easy, so fast.
ETM and ATS What is the difference?
ETM and ATS in the search / storage frequency principle is basically the same.
ATS search station signal strength threshold is set relatively high to minimize the lock non-radio frequency, too weak to listen to the value of the radio frequency. Search frequency storage automatically stored in the editable memory, you can feel free Delete and increase the frequency of the radio.Composition of the stored radio frequency, you can very easily transferred from the storage unit you want to listen to the radio frequency.It is precisely because of this, I believe you are not willing to carry out ATS operation and overwrite You have worked hard to edit and organize the radio frequency.
ETM is a convenient tuning method based on frequency modulation, with a lower threshold of search lock, it can exclude those who are certainly no radio stations or even no noise for the purpose of this model can lock the weaker radio station suspected signal, done ETM You can save your operating time and improve the life of the tuning knobs. Because the ETM Easy Tuning method does not provide editing, you can perform ETM operations at any time and without hesitation. Search for suspected radio frequencies.
Tip: In a better listening environment, ETM and ATS to find the number of radio frequencies may be the same, especially the FM band. Anyway, ETM will not lose anything, you can try.