- Product Name: Cisco / Cisco WAP121-E-K ...
- Brand: Cisco / Cisco
- Cisco (Cisco) model: WAP121-E-K9-CN
- Color classification: milky white
- Wireless: Wireless
- Wireless transmission speed: 300Mbps
- Wireless transmission rate: 300Mbps
- Network standards: 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n
- Wireless network support frequency: 2.4G
- Whether removable: not removable
- After-sales service: Genius
- Condition: New
Cisco S Series WAP121 Wireless-N Fast Ethernet Access Point
Providing you with a secure, affordable Wireless-N wireless network connection
- Providing affordable, high-bandwidth 802.11n wireless connectivity for demanding applications
- A wizard-based configuration makes it easy to set up and use
- Support Single Point Setup function, simplify the deployment of multiple wireless access points
- Secure business information with enhanced security, including advanced encryption, highly secure authentication, and rogue access point detection
- Built-in antenna, beautiful design, providing flexible installation options
- Connects to Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices for simplified installation without the need for costly additional cables
In the increasingly mobile work environment, providing secure and high-speed wireless connectivity for employees and visitors is becoming more important than ever. "The PoE-enabled Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point is affordable, with advanced 802.11 n wireless technology, Easily improve the performance of small business networks and expand their reach. This flexible solution is ideal for connecting multiple employees (up to 10 employees), and can support more users by expanding to meet changing business needs demand.
The Cisco WAP121 is designed for today's performance-sensitive applications that use 802.11 n wireless technology to deliver high throughput and network coverage across your entire office with QoS built in, giving you the ability to prioritize bandwidth-sensitive Type traffic that can be deployed for business-quality Voice over IP (VoIP) and video applications.
Easy to set up and use, the Cisco WAP121 is easy to set up and use, and can be up and running within minutes in a wizard-based, intuitive configuration that's sleek and compact design that offers flexible installation options and ease of integration into any small business environment. The device supports PoE, without the need for a separate power plug or costly new cable, you can easily install.
For enhanced reliability and protection of sensitive business information, the Cisco WAP121 supports both Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) to encode all your wireless transmissions with powerful encryption capabilities. Verification helps prevent unauthorized access to users.For businesses that need secure wireless access for employees, customers, and partners, the appliance also supports a standalone virtual network with granular configuration options that let you Different users provide the appropriate level of access.
With the Cisco WAP121, you can extend your highly secure enterprise-class wireless network to any location in your office, and gain the reliability and flexibility to meet changing business needs.
figure 1.Typical configuration
- High-speed, high-speed 802.11n wireless network that delivers higher throughput and a wider range of bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Based on the settings and configuration of the wizard, you can quickly and easily complete the deployment.
- Single Point Setup Quickly and easily manage multiple wireless access deployments without the need for a wireless controller
- Powerful security, including WPA2, 802.1X and rogue access point detection with RADIUS security authentication, protects sensitive business information.
- PoE is supported for easy installation without the need for costly additional cables.
- Client-side bridging mode allows you to extend the network by wirelessly connecting to a second Ethernet network.
- Elegant and compact design, with built-in antenna and universal mounting kit, can be installed on the ceiling, walls or desktop.
- Intelligent QoS that prioritizes network traffic to ensure that critical network applications always operate optimally.
- Energy-saving sleep mode and port control functions to help maximize energy efficiency.
- Highly secure guest access enables secure wireless connectivity.
- Support for IPv6, without the need for costly upgrades to deploy future network applications and operating systems.
Table 1 lists the specifications, packaging content, and minimum requirements for the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N access point.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point specification Description Entity interface Actual specification Network function Safety Installation and physical security service quality performance Configuration Management of multiple wireless access points management wireless Operating mode surroundings Package Contents
| LED lights || Power, WLAN, LAN |
| operating system || Linux |
| port || 10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX Ethernet, 12V DC power supply, support for 802.3af PoE |
| power supply || External 12V 0.5A DC Power Outlet (Energy Star 2.0, Class 5 Energy Efficiency Standard) and 802.3af PoE |
| Button || Power (on / off) button; Reset button |
| keyhole || Kensington keyhole |
| led || Power, wireless, Ethernet |
| Actual Dimensions (L x W x H) || 4.89 x 4.89 x 1.38 inches or 124.17 x 124.17 x 35 mm |
| weight || 0.37 pounds or 168 grams |
| VLAN support || Yes |
| Number of VLANs || 1 management VLAN plus 4 VLANs for SSID |
| Multiple SSIDs || 4 |
| 802.1X supplicant client || Yes |
| SSID to VLAN mapping || Yes |
| Automatic channel selection || Yes |
| Spanning Tree || Yes |
| Load balancing || Yes |
| IPv6 || Yes |
- IPv6 host support
- IPv6 RADIUS, Syslog, Network Time Protocol (NTP), and so on
| Level 2 || 802.1Q-based VLANS, four active VLANs plus one management VLAN |
| WPA / WPA2 / WEP || Yes, including enterprise authentication |
| Access control || Yes, manage access control lists (ACLs) plus MAC ACLs |
| Security Management || HTTPS |
| Wi-Fi Protected Setup || Yes (Soft WPS, no hardware buttons) |
| SSID broadcast || Yes |
| Malicious access point detection || Yes |
| Multiple installation options || Desktop mounting; includes mounting brackets for easy ceiling or wall mounting |
| Physical security lock || Kensington lock slot |
| Quality of Service (QoS) || Wi-Fi Multimedia and Traffic Specification (WMM TSPEC) Wi-Fi Multimedia and Traffic Specification (WMM TSPEC) |
| Wireless throughput || Up to 300 Mbps data rate (actual environment throughput will vary) |
| Suggested user support || Up to 16 connected users, or 10 active users. |
| Web User Interface || Browser-based, easy to configure built-in Web user interface (HTTP / HTTPS) |
| Single Point Setup || stand by |
| Each roaming group supports a maximum of WAP121 || 4 |
| Each roaming group supports up to the number of access devices || 40 |
| Management agreement || Web browser, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v3, Bonjour |
| Remote management || Yes |
| frequency || Single-frequency 2.4GHz |
| WLAN || 802.11n |
| Operate the channel || 1 to 13 (depending on country) |
Channels 1 through 11 (FCC)
Channels 1 to 13 (ETSI)
| Wireless isolation || Wireless isolation between clients |
| External antenna || no |
| Built-in antenna || Internal fixed PIFA antenna |
| Antenna gain (dBi) || Each antenna 2dBi |
| Transmission output power || |
- 802.11b @ 11 Mbps: 17 dBm
- 802.11g @ 54Mbps: 13 dBm
- 802.11n@HT20HT40, and MCS15: 13dBm
| Receiver sensitivity || |
- 802.11b: 11 Mbps @ -86 dBm
- 802.11g: 54 Mbps @ -71 dBm
- 802.11n: 300 Mbps @ -64 dBm
| Wireless Distribution System (WDS) || Yes |
| roaming || Yes |
| Multiple SSIDs || 4 |
| Wireless VLAN mapping || Yes |
| WLAN security || Yes |
| Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) || Yes, support for non-scheduled automatic energy saving |
| Access Point || Access point mode, WDS bridge, client bridging mode |
| power supply || 12V, 0.5A DC input, IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE |
| Certification || FCC Class B, CE, IC, Wi-Fi |
| Operating temperature || 0 ° to 40 ° C (32 ° to 104 ° F) |
| storage temperature || -20 ° to 70 ° C (-4 ° to 158 ° F) |
| Working humidity || 10% to 85%, non-condensing |
| Storage humidity || 5% to 90%, non-condensing |
PoE-enabled Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N access point
- Ceiling / wall mounting kit
- CD-ROM User's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Ethernet network cable
- 12V, 0.5A power supply
| Minimum requirements |
- 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n wireless adapters (TCP / IP protocol installed on each PC)
- Switch / router with PoE support or PoE enabled (when using PoE)
- Web-based configuration: A Java-enabled Web browser
| Warranty |
| Access Point || Limited Lifetime Warranty |
| power supply || 1 year warranty |
Table 2. Part Number Description
| WAP121-E-K9-CN || PoE-enabled Cisco WAP121 Wireless-N access point |
| SB-PWR-INJ-CN || Cisco S Series Gigabit PoE Power Supplies |
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty for Cisco S Series products
This Cisco S Series product comes with a limited lifetime hardware warranty and you can sit back and relax.For product warranty terms and other information applicable to Cisco products, visit: www.cisco.com/go/warranty
For more information
For more information about the Cisco S Series products and solutions, visit: www.cisco.com/smallbusiness or www.cisco.com/go/wap121