1. Sodium Methallyl Sulfonate (SMAS/ MAS)
Othername: 1- (2-Methyl-2-propene) sulfonicacid sodium salt. Or Sodium Methylallyl Sulfonate.
ChemicalFormula: CH2C (CH3) CH2SO3Na
CAS NO.: 1561-92-8
Productname Sodium methallyl sulfonate (SMAS)
Content % 99.5Min
1) It can be used in polycarboxylate superplasticizer.
2) Used as water treatment chemicals additive.
3) As an oil field chemical.
4) As the third monomer of acrylic fiber.
5) As a paint additive.
6) As a monomer of flocculant.
7) It can polymerize with methyl acrylic acid, itaconic acid to be a dispersant.
8) It can be used to make CPPL and high water-absorbing resin in electronics and materials processing. 9) Used to improve fertilizer.
10) It can be used for the third oil displacement agent.
11) As one dry strength agent of papermaking additives.
12) It could be used as the plasticizer of cement admixture.