EU Batteries and Accumulators Directive (2006/66 / EC)
Effective date: 2008-09-26
Applicable range of products: toys for children battery comes with battery electric toy stroller
1. Change the batteries in the use of mercury and cadmium limits prescribed;
2. New battery labeling requirements for consumers to buy and recovery assistance;
3. Modify the lead, mercury and cadmium content of labeling requirements;
4. The waste portable batteries recoveries;
5. The prohibition of industrial and automotive waste going to landfills and incineration with battery;
6. Add 'producer responsibility' provisions;
7. The battery must be removed from the product may be in addition (due to safety; medical or data integrity reasons must be permanently connected to the battery except; performance);
8. From September 26, 2009, portable and automotive batteries capacity should be indicated on the label about the capacity of the European Commission is developing a labeling system was specified.;
9. Manufacturers (including product sales with battery and battery manufacturers) need to be registered in each member country.
Restrictions on hazardous substances requirements:
1. The ban on the production and sale of mercury containing more than 0.0005 percent of the total battery or batteries (Exemption: mercury content in button cell shall not exceed 2% of the total);
2. The ban on the production and marketing of cadmium content of more than 0.002 percent of the total portable battery or batteries (Exemption: Cordless power tools; medical equipment; emergency lighting; emergency and alarm systems).
Wheeled garbage all batteries, accumulators and button batteries should be crossed out wheeled bins with signs. If a product containing more than 0.0005% of mercury or cadmium content exceeds 0.002%, or lead content exceeds 0.004%, then crossed box under the sign should be attached to more than a limited amount of the chemical symbol for the kind of metal, and the chemical symbol of the area occupied by at least one quarter of crossed-out wheeled dustbin logo. If the battery or accumulator contains more than one or more of the above metal This requires corresponding respectively to obtain additional chemical symbols. For example, one cell containing more than 0.004% lead (Pb) and more than 0.0005 percent of mercury (Hg), Pb and Hg should add two kinds of symbols.
1. The symbol shall cover the battery, the battery or battery pack 3 percent area of the largest side, but not greater than 5 * 5 cm;
2. If the battery is cylindrical, the symbol shall cover the battery or batteries 1.5 percent of the surface area, and not more than 5 * 5 cm;
3. If the result of the limited area, the symbol size may be less than 0.5 * 0.5 cm, the battery, the battery or battery pack itself without labeling, it should be printed on the packaging area of not less than 1 * 1 cm relevant symbol;
The symbol should be clearly visible and can not be erasable
1. The same content limits of mercury and cadmium limits and labeling regulations. Therefore Hg symbol actually only applies to button batteries, Cd symbol exemption applies only to suffer a battery and a battery, and mercury and / or cadmium content exceeding limit Other types of batteries and accumulators value is banning the production and sale.
2. September 26, 2008 signing of the battery can continue to sell launch, no time limit. After the date batteries on the market should comply with the new directive.
3. Under the new limit cadmium, nickel - cadmium batteries can not be used (except for products exempt), so only use nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries or lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries as an alternative.
4. Consumers should also be informed of the potential impact of these substances, the details correct disposal methods, recovery and recycling programs, as well as the meaning of the symbol.